An evolution of the Professional Series water quality meters, the ProSolo DIGITAL handheld replaces the ProODO as YSI’s most advanced optical dissolved oxygen field meter. Paired with the ProDIGITAL ODO/CT (Optical Dissolved Oxygen, Conductivity, and Temperature) probe, the ProSolo is perfect for measuring DO in aquaculture, coastal, estuary, wetland, or any application requiring accurate, real-time salinity-compensated DO measurements.
The ProSolo handheld is the direct replacement for the ProODO Optical Dissolved Oxygen handheld that was discontinued on Dec. 31, 2018.
Choose an ODO/CT cable below to complete your sampling system. Pre-assembled ProSolo ODO/CT kits are also available.
- Convenient Sampling Experience
- Ergonomic handheld for a comfortable grip
- Easy-to-read color display and backlit keypad
- Large onboard memory with storage capacity for over 100,000 data sets
- Site ID and Data ID tag capabilities for data organization
- Data export directly to USB flash drive (included)
- Single cable design for probe assembly lengths ranging from 1- to 100-meters
- Long-life rechargeable lithium-ion battery that is user-replaceable
- Simple and quick calibration procedures
ODO® Sensor Technology
Dissolved oxygen measurement technology has advanced from electrochemical sensors, such as polarographic and galvanic, to luminescent-based, optical sensors. YSI optical DO sensors are non-consumptive, meaning oxygen is not consumed during the measurement. As a result, there is no flow dependence or stirring required with ODO, allowing for the most accurate readings in the field.
Advantages over electrochemical sensors include:
- Higher accuracy with no stir dependence
- Less drift over time; holds calibration longer
- Less maintenance; no membranes or electrolyte
Real-Time Salinity Compensation
With an integral conductivity module, the ODO/CT probe assembly enables the ProSolo to automatically compensate DO mg/L measurements for changes in salinity. The 4-electrode conductivity cell, designed for rugged field performance, is easily cleaned and requires minimal maintenance.
ProDIGITAL Smart Sensors
In addition to utilizing the most advanced DO sensing technology, the ProSolo incorporates smart sensor technology that enables sensors to be automatically recognized by the handheld. Additionally, DIGITAL sensors store calibration data, so probe assemblies can be swapped between handhelds without the need for re-calibration.
Provides Years of Sampling for All Field Conditions
The ProSolo handheld meets the demands of true field work with a rugged, waterproof case (IP-67 rated) and a military-spec (MS) cable connector. Rigorously drop tested from all angles, the handheld features a 3-year warranty, while a 2-year warranty is included with the probe assembly and ODO Cap.
Advanced Data Management
ProSolo includes KorDSS Software, a powerful data management program for easy 2-way communication between the meter and a PC. A unique data backup feature allows for the export of data to a USB flash drive (included) in csv format without having to connect to a computer.