Workday Product OwnerHuman Resources | Any Location - United States, United States
We’re Hiring for a Workday Product Owner!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Workday Product Owner will be responsible for defining, prioritizing, and delivering enhancements and solutions within the Workday platform to optimize our HR Core and compensation and benefits processes. Your expertise in both HR practices and Workday functionality will drive the successful implementation of innovative solutions that align with our organization's strategic goals. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Strategy and Roadmap Development:
- Collaborate with HR Leadership to understand business goals and translate them into a comprehensive roadmap for Compensation and Benefits within Workday
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and automation to enhance efficiency and accuracy in HR Core and Compensation and Benefits Administration
Requirements Gathering and Analysis:
- Engage with Stakeholders, including HR, Finance, and IT, to gather and analyze business requirements related to Compensation and Benefits processes.
- Translate business needs into clear and detailed user stories, use cases, and functional requirements for the development team.
Prioritization and Backlog Management:
- Prioritize and maintain the product backlog based on business value, feasibility, and strategic alignment.
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure that user stories are well defined, estimated, and ready for implementation.
Solution Design and Configuration:
- Work closely with technical teams and system analysts to design and configure solutions within the Workday platform that address compensation and benefits needs.
- Leverage your deep understanding of Workday functionality to recommend best practices and optimize system performance.
Testing and Validation:
- Define acceptance criteria for user stories and ensure that delivered solutions meet these criteria through rigorous testing and validation.
- Coordinate with end-users to conduct user acceptance testing and gather feedback to refine solutions.
Change Management and Communication:
- Develop and execute change management strategies to ensure smooth adoption of new features and processes among HR and other relevant teams.
- Communicate updates, changes, and progress to stakeholders, ensuring transparency and alignment throughout the implementation lifecycle.
- Monitor the performance and effectiveness of implemented solutions, seeking opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Stay updated on industry trends, Workday enhancements, and best practices to inform future roadmap planning.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Information Systems, or a related field; Master's degree is a plus.
- Certified Workday HR Core and Compensation is required
- Proven experience (3+ years) as a Product Owner or similar role with a focus on HR technology and Workday implementation.
- Preferred location is Eastern United States due to time differences
- Strong understanding of HR processes, compensation structures, and benefits administration.
- In-depth knowledge of Workday functionality related to HR Core and compensation and benefits modules.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across various teams and stakeholders.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Experience in Agile methodologies and backlog management.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
The estimated salary range at this professional level is $68,000-$122,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience, and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.