Sr. Director, CI AmericasContinuous Improvement | Charlotte, NC, United States
We're Hiring for a Sr. Director, Continuous Improvement, Americas!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Sr. Director, Continuous Improvement, Americas will be responsible for leading and driving continuous improvement initiatives across our operational and transactional processes throughout the Americas. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to identify areas for improvement, implement process optimization strategies, and foster a culture of continuous improvement. As the Senior Director, you will play a critical role in driving efficiency, productivity, and cost savings across our organization. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Design and execute a comprehensive continuous improvement strategy for the Americas region, aligned with the company's overall objectives and goals:
- Identify opportunities for process improvement across operational and transactional functions, such as supply chain, manufacturing, logistics, finance, and customer service.
- Constantly seek, share and implement best practices among all CI teams in all Xylem businesses.
- Deliver breakthrough levels of improvement in both transactional and manufacturing processes, producible designs and product quality by reducing defects and eliminating waste.
- Serve on the business unit leadership team and communicate team accomplishments and achievement of financial goals
- Direct and oversee continuous improvement projects, ensuring effective project planning, execution, and monitoring.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma methodologies and other process improvement techniques to analyze existing processes, identify root causes of inefficiencies, and develop solutions.
- Drive the implementation of best practices and standardization initiatives to streamline processes, reduce waste, and optimize resource allocation.
- Provide Leadership and Guidance:
- Lead and manage a team of continuous improvement professionals, providing mentorship, guidance, and support.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by promoting employee engagement, providing training opportunities, and recognizing and rewarding achievements.
- 12+ years’ business experience in global/international company
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in functional area of expertise
- Demonstrated success in leading significant change in large organization
- Proven Continuous improvement/lean and six sigma expertise in various business areas (both manufacturing and transactional area)
- Experience of leading multiple, large size international projects in different locations
- Ability to drive hands on execution in the business and strategic thinking with top leaders
- Proficiency in coaching, people development, change management
- Proven track record of lean implementation and leading kaizen events
- Subject matter expert for lean and six sigma tools and methods (5S, standard work, VSM, flow management, pull systems, strategy deployment, A3 thinking, descriptive statistics, SPC, process capability, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; strong verbal and communication skills
- Excellent overall business acumen and organizational savvy
- Propensity for identifying issues proactively, making decision with incomplete information, and ability to manage ambiguity
- Ability to simplify and clarify complex and ambiguous problems
- Excellent project management skills
- Analytical and process thinking
- Passion for continuous improvement and change management
- Microsoft Office and function specific software (Visio, Minitab)
- Ability to travel 50%
- Certification: Lean Master, Master Black Belt and/or Black Belt preferred
- Language: English, additional is a plus
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.