Production TechnicianOperations | Edmonton, AB, Canada
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Perform an array of functions that include manufacturing, testing, receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, properly packing orders. The primary focus is to follow safe work practices and conduct day to day production in a safe and efficient manner.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assembly and manufacturing of a wide variety of cathodic protection materials.
- Effective communication with customers, truck drivers and couriers.
- Safely operate and maintain a wide variety of tools and job specific machinery including forklift, anotec seating machine and dual component polyurethane system.
- Communicate with materials manager on a wide array of day to day projects and responsibilities including stock orders, shipping coordinates and material manufacturing.
- Complete electro-mechanical assemblies through in-house training and assembly documentation
- Test products as required
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Ability to use Electronic test and process equipment and hand/power tools
- Willingness to perform repetitive tasks, with consistent attention to detail
- Able to safely lift 50 lbs
- Proven ability to handle cable and harness assembly (crimping, soldering)
- Able to troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electronic assemblies
- Excellent English verbal & written communication skills
- Disciplined work ethic displaying initiative & requiring minimal supervision
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Understanding of electronic component assembly and wiring
- Experience with evolving production processes, improvements, and implementations
- Able to work under pressure, with tight deadlines, and changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- 1-3 years’ experience in a variety of Cathodic Protection assemblies or small batch electronic and mechanical equipment manufacturing
- Assembly and warehouse experience an asset
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.