Manufacturing SupervisorOperations | Texarkana, AR, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Smith-Blair, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Manufacturing Production Supervisor for one of their production departments. The supervisor will be responsible for managing one of Smith-Blair's seven production departments, managing personnel and overseeing all daily functions to meet Smith-Blair’s customer demand. The position will report to the Production Manager.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Supervise all employees within their area of responsibility to achieve daily production demands in the most efficient manner possible.
- Evaluate each employee in regard to Productivity, Attitude and Initiative.
- Assure compliance with all company policies and take disciplinary action when required in a fair and equitable manner.
- Assure that individual and departmental efficiencies and utilization goals are sustained.
- Assure that all production schedules are met to maintain a 97% minimum "On Time Delivery" level.
- Assure that all Safety and Environmental standards are maintained to the highest level.
- Maintain a clean and orderly production area.
- Communicate clearly with all levels of management.
- Supply production demand data as required by all levels of management.
- Maintain accurate attendance information for each employee under their responsibility.
- Assure that each employee receives the proper training with regard to Machine Operation, Health and Safety.
- Adhere to all "Articles and Sections" of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certifications
- High School diploma minimum; bachelor’s degree desired or equivalent applicable work experience.
- Analytical abilities sufficient to handle all issues associated with supervision.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal with employee issues and concerns.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and operations.
- Working Knowledge of the Collective Bargaining agreement.
- Ability to handle confidential information and project assignments.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light to moderate lifting (25-35 lbs.), office and industrial manufacturing environment.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, walk, reach, bend, kneel or stoop and move about the facility.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Manufacturing floor: work performed within manufacturing production areas such as assembly lines, fabrication, welding, etc.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Work hours may keep individual after hours or be required to work weekends based on production demand and schedule.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.