Key Account ManagerSales | Kempton Park, South Africa, South Africa
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Xylem is a leading global water technology company with operations in more than 150 countries; a passionate, talented, and experienced workforce; well-known industry-leading brands and water solution products.
Xylem Water Solutions SA seeks to appoint an Export Sales Manager, to be established in Johannesburg, South Africa
The Purpose of the position is to build strong, close and sincere relationships within our customer and distribution network, and to also offer sound sales & technical assistance to distributors and end users within the region. The Sales Manager will lead and manage the sales teams within the region to grow and build market share for Xylem and to execute the strategy locally whilst navigating through the market landscape. Legal knowledge of foreign currencies, tariffs and trading regulations is essential.
- Responsible for establishing and leading key strategic business development initiatives that drive business long term growth plans and profitability objectives in assigned region/countries, (market and product adjacencies, channel strategy...).
- Responsible for the proper application of Group rules (Ethics & Compliance, Legal, SOA, DOA, ESH, etc.)
- Lead and manage the distributor network.
- Extend relationships with existing customers by offering the full range of solutions in the product and services portfolio.
- Recruit and open new distributors & Services Partner.
- Establish relationships with contractors or end users (key accounts) to develop direct sales.
- Ensure high-level relationships with influential key players.
- Provide technical advice and sound support for complex applications and manage customer requests.
- Manage the sales team in the area to achieve turnover and margin objectives.
- Ensure the development of Commercial Action Plans and proper execution.
- Detect and follow up on business opportunities: Constant updating of the customer relationship management tool (Sales Force).
- Ensure regional commercial reporting as well as sales forecasts.
- Contribute to competitive intelligence.
- Awareness of market and customer trends, preparing regular reports on progress, forecasts and trends to eliminate potential risk to the business.
- Participate in marketing events (Webinar, exhibitions, technical day, Factory visit etc.).
- Reporting of marketing plans, budgets and sales reports to company management.
- Technical qualification / Diploma / or other related tertiary qualification
- Post graduate qualification advantageous
- High degree of Business Acumen
- Demonstrated ability to build strong teams
- Demonstrated ability to influence across disciplines
- High level of communication and negotiation skills
- Computer literate
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in regional sales and business development
- A minimum of 3 years in a middle management role with technical and/or commercial experience in
B2B and B2C Sales
- Must have a driver’s license
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Highly organized and flexible approach
- Conflict Management
- Driven for results
- Strategic Agility
- Timely Decision Making
- Customer Focus