Inventory AnalystOperations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
We’re Hiring for an Inventory Analyst!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Inventory Analyst will be responsible for conducting cycle counts, analyze inventory discrepancy, and root cause via ERP investigation. In this role, the incumbent will also review inventory planning and storage, accuracy, and movement, in and between all focus factories and warehouses including external warehouses. Work with operations, materials, quality assurance and engineering. Learn, understand, improve, and establish inventory practices throughout the organization. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Conduct, track and analyze cycle count & inventory data to identify trends, root cause, and participate in corrective action.
- Identify root cause of material issues through data collection and analysis, drive corrective actions and process improvements to ensure inventory accuracy and efficient material flow throughout entire material planning and handling processes.
- Review Inventory planning and storage data, accuracy, and movement, in and between all focus factories and warehouses including external warehouses.
- Work with operations, purchasing, receiving, manufacturing, and engineering.
- Learn, understand, validate, and improve inventory practices throughout the organization.
- Measure and track inventory management key performance indicators.
- Analyze inventory parameters to improve inventory system settings.
- Track raw material, finished goods, purchase passthrough and E&O inventories for shortages, overages, and waste.
- Help develop data metrics to drive improvements and cost savings opportunities.
- Help reduce E&O through cross-functional review.
- Provide reports and results of data analysis to senior management.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing OR 4 years equivalent work experience
- Relevant work experience proven through tangible deliverables will be considered.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience required.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills, ability to work with large data files using complex formulas.
- Problem solving skills: must have the ability to collect and analyze data, identify trends, and prepare/present methods to solve them.
- Ability to work under pressure and still maintain ideal disposition towards work.
- Ability to work well with a cross functional team of all levels, and the open mindedness to recognize there’s something to learn from every one of them.
- Must be confident and comfortable to work from a titular position while driving change and or improvements.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.