HR Manager – ItalyHuman Resources | Montecchio Maggiore, Italy, Italy
Xylem, a leading global water technology company with over 22.000 employees, dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
Xylem is seeking to appoint a dynamic and motivated HR Manager - Italy to join our team in Montecchio Maggiore (VI) where there is a plant of over 800 employees.
The person will lead the HR department with the purpose of achieving an optimal HR service level, within the company policy, the employment law and regulations, and the mission, vision, and philosophy of the organization. Also related to the development requirements within the organization. The HR Manager will participate in different local and global projects to develop and implement the HR strategy based on the operational plans, processes of Xylem to support the business.
- Responsible for the development of HR-policies, working to assure country and region consistency.
- Lead the work for creating a consistent country Xylem culture over different business segments.
- Responsible for a close collaboration with HR Shared Service Team to assure an accurate administration process (payroll, contracts).
- Ensure compliance with the work legislation regarding Union relations.
- Advice and support management to realize the company results with continually effectiveness and efficiency.
- Responsible for clear communication and estimate and support the consequences to the employees. Give support to the management and employees.
- Represent the needs and interests of the employees.
- Developing and aligning HR policies, working to assure country and region consistency.
- Support and advise management with all HR-related issues.
- Responsible for having the right people with the right skills in the right place in the organization at the right time, by recruiting, creating training programs and cooperation by creating career development plans.
- Ensuring compliance with employment policy and legislation.
- Ensure compliance with the policies and procedures; notice specialties and differentials (social control) and bring it to the attention of the management.
- Advise and support management by creating, implementing, and effecting the HR-policy, using HR tools and procedures, and taking care of alignment of the different HR-activities.
- Stay informed of the social legislation, trends, and developments on HR discipline.
- Stay in contact with the works council and Union representatives within the country.
- Provide management information and reports.
- Report about the realization of budgets and estimates.
- Formulate and develop HR-strategies, policy and procedures from a country perspective. Take the lead by implementation.
- Identify the training- and development needs by analysing the CPG-outcomes, the job requirements, the operational problems, the Xylem goals, and the current training programs.
- Pro-active in ascertaining HR-issues and translate them into concrete plans and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a similar role, with an international evinroment
- Strong experience in Unions relationships
- Experience in working in a matrix organization in a global setting
- Experience from Manufacturing environment
- Experience in leadership
- Excellent in Italian and English, verbally and in written.
- Up-to-date knowledge of social legislation
- Up-to-date knowledge of new HR-improvements and developments
LOCATION: Montecchio Maggiore (VI)
CONTRACT: full-time, Permanent , Hybrid
SMART WORKING: 1-2 days per week (after the training period, 3-4 months)
BENEFIT: Company bonus + company canteen
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.