GIS Supervisor - ManilaEngineering | Manila, Philippines, Philippines
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: We are currently seeking a GIS Supervisor in our Manila, Philippines office who will be responsible for managing a team, assigning work, and ensuring work quality. This role will coordinate and collaborate extensively with the North American GIS team, the candidate must be ok with flexible hours to accommodate for the 12 hour time difference. The GIS Supervisor must be an excellent communicator, and be able to ensure deadlines are met. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that initiatives are met.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
• Implement and Manage Existing Workflows
o Understand the variety of GIS project workflows that have been developed for the various GIS teams
o Help ensure that workflows are being properly followed and train new staff
o Identify and present workflow improvements to the management team for review and potential adoption
• Ensure the Delivery of Quality Data and Products
o Provide quality review of GIS data products before they are delivered
o Provide feedback to direct reports to ensure continuous improvement
o Help address and correct quality issues with employees as needed
• Oversee and Supervise the GIS Teams
o Supervise approximately 8 GIS analysts
o Help ensure that the GIS team has the resources available to complete assigned tasks and identify any needed resources/skills
o Identify and create opportunities for cross-training between GIS teams
o Provide workload balancing to ensure that workloads are distributed appropriately, the team is fully utilized, and the teams are operating efficiently
o Assign new work to team members
o Address and resolve disciplinary/performance issues with team members with guidance from senior management
o Help in documenting processes and best practices for the team’s future reference
o Conduct regular conversations with the GIS analysts regarding performance and goals
o Participate in other office managerial activities such as coordination with office leadership, time sheet approval, etc
• Provide GIS Analysis Support
o Define the technical approach to new projects and provide the team with guidance on how to implement
o Provide GIS Analysis as needed (mapping, data processing, analysis, etc.) and maintain a 50% billable utilization target
o Mentor and train team members on GIS topics as needed
o Investigate/implement new methodologies and technologies in support of data deliverables
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
• 5 years of professional experience applying GIS software and techniques to support a variety of functions
• Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience working in an Enterprise GIS environment (ArcSDE with SQL Server)
• A proven ability to solve complicated, technical, and business workflow problems
• The ability to produce technical procedures and identify areas for streamlining existing processes
• Knowledge of ESRI Geodatabase design structure and management
• BS/BA degree in Geography, Environmental Science, or related field
• Ability to participate in online meetings that may occur outside of the normal working hours (early evenings/early mornings) with team members in North America
• Experience supervising or managing employees
• Experience working with utility data (water/wastewater preferred)
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours