Senior Analyst, Financial ReportingFinance | Charlotte, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst. This position will serve a critical finance role in a newly developed team within Xylem. This organization has been created to provide support to all of Xylem’s business units in the Americas as it relates to financial reporting, complex transactions, process improvement, standardization and various accounting functions. Interfacing with accounting and finance personnel on all levels of the business, this role will partner with controllers, FP&A and corporate accounting to ensure significant transactions and fluctuations are identified, understood and appropriately reported. Other duties and responsibilities are as follows
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Partner with the accounting and reporting team to provide guidance on complex transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, impairments, restructuring, litigation, etc.
- Provide assistance with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements
- Coordination with local teams for adherence to accounting close and reporting, deadlines and procedures
- Partner with FP&A, local accounting teams & HQ reporting/consolidation team regarding significant one-off transactions, CAO call and other reporting inquiries as needed
- Prepare and manage monthly and quarterly fluctuation analysis for the Americas region
- Identify, track and report significant transactions
- Prepare and conduct quarterly update calls with the Xylem Chief Accounting Officer on activities within the region
- Establishment of new accounts, processes or reporting inquiries as needed
- Continuously improve the global accounting processes and procedures by identifying areas to streamline, automate or refine
- Provide training on reporting topics to finance teams within the segment
- Interface with both internal and external auditors in support of audit procedures
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BA/BS in Accounting and/or Finance is required
- Minimum 2 years in a finance role, public accounting experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Prior knowledge of financial consolidation systems preferred
- Ability to influence decisions based on technical expertise
- Problem-solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Position requires high attention to detail and a desire for continuous improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a professional attitude and demeanor working with the internal team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.