Regional Field OperatorOperations | Fort Mill, SC, United States
We’re Hiring for a Regional Field Operator (CDL)!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Regional Field Operator (CDL) will be responsible for supporting the delivery, installation, and operation of Xylem equipment on Xylem Service Center sites and/or Customer jobsites in an assigned territory. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Operate a CDL A, Semi Truck with Flatbed trailer regionally
- Identify all items to be delivered or picked up with customer to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Perform visual inspection of equipment being picked up and note any damage.
- Obtain customer’s signature on appropriate paperwork.
- Utilize motorized equipment handling machinery to safely load equipment on and off trucks and trailers.
- Secure all items loaded on the truck for safe over-the-road travel in accordance with Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA), Federal Department of Transportation and local Department of Transportation guidelines.
- Assist in securing load utilizing straps and chains.
- Follow all safety processes and procedures and maintain a ‘Safety First’ approach when completing daily work tasks.
- Complete a Job Safety Assessment before beginning any job.
- Travel regionally & locally to mobilize/demobilize small pump systems on customer job sites..
- Review preliminary contracts to ensure all materials needed are identified and available.
- Update the sales staff should any materials change or the initial job set up changes.
- Establish communication with equipment operators.
- Prepare electronic work orders.
- Thoroughly inspect and evaluate condition of pipe, hose and fittings upon dismantling.
- Notify supervisor or site supervisor if any equipment is damaged.
- Prepare Bill of Ladings (BOLs) to load out equipment from job site. Coordinate with
- Xylem Service Center Manager to arrange proper timing of truck arrivals to ensure material handling equipment and/or personnel are available.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- High school or general equivalency degree
- Possess a Class A Drivers License, with good driving record
- Proficient using GPS systems
- One to two years experience in the construction industry preferred
- HAZMAT endorsement preferred
- Experience with flatbed trailers and proper load securement techniques (chaining, strapping, etc.)
- Prior experience operating heavy industrial equipment such as telehandlers, skid steers, air tuggers, etc.
- Ability to follow directions and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours in order to respond to customer emergencies
- Ability to read, write legibly and communicate effective with co-workers, supervisors/managers and customers both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read blue prints or other layout and design documents
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate diesel powered hydraulic lifting equipment, i.e., forklifts, front-end loaders, towmotors, telehandlers, etc.
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to diagnose and repair simple mechanical issues
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is subject to temperature fluctuations, noise, and fumes within limits of OSHA standards; use of Personal Protective Equipment and breathing apparatus required. The physical demands may include but not limited to standing for long periods of time, reaching, bending, and moving about the facility, and lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds. Extended hours (weekends, overtime, on call rotations) and travel as required.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.