PainterOperations | Bridgeport, NJ, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Job Summary: The Industrial Equipment Painter is responsible for the preparation painting industrial pumps and accessory equipment. The Painter is also responsible for the preparation and use of the correct paint mixtures to insure proper paint adhesion and overall appearance. Shop hours 5:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Operate pneumatic electrostatic paint application equipment.
- Accurately prepare paint to ensure proper adhesion.
- Inspect equipment to ensure surfaces have been properly prepared prior to applying electrostatic paint.
- Move equipment in and out of preparation and paint booth areas using a forklift.
- Properly store or dispose of unused paints or solvents.
- Clean, maintain and inspect painting equipment after each use.
- Comply with XDS and OSHA safety standards, procedures and regulations, including daily attendance of safety/tool box meetings
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Ability to properly operate pneumatic electrostatic paint application equipment
- 1 - 3 years of industrial painting experience - auto body, paint shop or vocational technical center experience preferred
- General knowledge of safety equipment including respirators
- General knowledge of paint booth equipment and proper housekeeping procedures
- Ability to operate and use basic hand tools
- General mechanical aptitude
- Work independently as needed
- Forklift certification preferred
- Knowledge of paint mixing, solvents and corrosion control
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Standing eight (8) hours per day
- Using full range of physical motions associated with general labor work throughout the eight (8) hours to include walking, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, carrying/ lifting and climbing (up to 3 feet)
- Manual lifting and maneuvering up to 50 pounds
- Machine assisted lifting (forklifts/cranes) exceeding 50 pounds
- Work using personal protective equipment, including breathing apparatus
- Comply with annual OSHA respirator fit testing requirements
- Manufacturing environment; may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts and various materials.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.