The SonTek RiverSurveyor S5/M9 systems just keep on getting better! Our engineers continue to improve and build upon the award-winning technology, with features to include:
- No tagline/tape measure required: With RiverSurveyor Stationary Live, automatically measure distance between stations with DGPS or RTK GPS equipped systems.
- Manual configuration: Now you can set blanking distance, cell size and number of cells for moving boat measurements.
- Real-time QA/QC warnings: Know when there could be a problem before there is one.
- Zipped files: New and improved compression and auto-decompression, providing faster access to large amounts of data.
- Sample filter: Remove your random velocity outliers with ease!
The patented and award-winning SonTek RiverSurveyor® S5/M9 systems give a new perspective to the notion of measuring open channel hydraulics. Using SonTek's exclusive SmartPulseHD®, multiple acoustic frequencies are fused with precise bandwidth control for the most robust and continuous shallow-to-deep discharge measurements ever.
A deterministic microcontroller expertly apportions the proper acoustics, pulse scheme, and cell size to get the highest definition possible so you can focus on the measurement, not the instrument setup. The system even has a vertical beam for precise channel definition and it's all designed to work intuitively.
And just like the name implies - SmartPulseHD (just like your TV) lets you see the clearest velocity picture possible with cell sizes down to 2 cm.
- Balances the highest resolution with the greatest range of depths
- Superior channel definition, extends the maximum measurable discharge depth
- An intelligent algorithm that looks at water depth, velocity and turbulence, and then acoustically adapts to those conditions using pulse-coherent, broadband, and incoherent techniques. High-def cell sizes down to 2 cm.
- All discharge computations are done within the S5 or M9 unit internally (not in the computer!) – No lost data from communications drop outs
- Compensates for vessel motion due to surface conditions.
- High ping rates ensure extremely robust data collection.
- High precision vessel tracking and depth measurement without GPS requirement.
- Ultra precise earth-referenced positioning as an alternative to bottom tracking in moving bed or other difficult situations.
1 U.S. Patent #8,125,849
2 U.S. Patent #8,411,530
3 U.S. Patent #8,780,672