Warranty SpecialistOperations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Role is acting liaison with customers and field representatives on warranty opportunities. Communicates the returns and labor process with vendors, customers, and employees involved in the warranty process. Analyzes field failure trends and reports metrics to top management, trigger corrective action process in conjunction with Quality Assurance.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Review and approve and issuance of service, product support, and start-up technical bulletins.
- Responsible for informing customers, field representatives and council of any service related changes.
- Coordinate warranty claim support communication between Xylem operations and the field with regards to Xylem products.
- Provide warranty/service related field service support to local Representatives, contractors and/or end users.
- Coordinate service provided by vendors to Xylem at the local level through established procedures.
- Confirm if labor claims performed by vendors are warranty or non-warranty. Authorize payment as appropriate.
- Advise product line managers and marketing managers of any failure trends.
- Satisfies customer complaints in order to keep customers and to avoid law suits
- Support investigations and review damage claims reports regarding Xylem product as directed by Xylem Legal Administrator.
- Coordinate replacement orders through the customer service process.
- Support return goods process
- Mentor / train Field Service associates and Return Goods Technicians
- Undertake other assignments as directed by the Manager, Quality.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Degreed in Engineering - BS/MS or equivalent
- 5 - 10 years work experience in Customer Service or Engineering roles in Heavy Industrial Environment
- Exceptional communication skills; verbal, written, presentation
- Sales and/or Customer service experience a must
- Safety training preferred, OSHA 30 hour training a plus
- Hands-on equipment experience, a plus
- Reliable transportation for local travel and availability to travel
- Strong technical skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Minitab, and CAD/Visio/iGrafx
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Physical requirements include: good vision and hearing; ability to stand and walk, lift and carry up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or 10 pounds frequently; stoop, crouch, kneel reach for and handle items, pick, pinch or otherwise work with the fingers and use the fingertips to perceive attributes of objects such as size, shape and surface finish. Some duties require the ability to climb using ladders and stairs.
- Work is performed in a typical manufacturing plant environment under the following conditions: noise, fumes, dust, and high voltage electric current. Some duties are performed outdoors and may involve exposure to inclement weather conditions.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel requirement: Less than 20 %
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.