Technical Support Engineer - Submersible PumpsSales | Nottingham, UK, United Kingdom
Grow with us as a Technical Support Engineer at Xylem!
As Technical Support Engineer you will be part of the response team based in our modern Nottingham offices you will be pivotal at providing Technical Customer support and liaison. Full support by us will be given with training but we require your passion and commitment to support both our internal and external customers reacting to immediate needs and providing technical solutions and advice. In addition to providing a platform for product and process improvements that support the business and its continual improvement ethos.
Your future responsibilities
We like to start with giving you insights on the main technical responsibilities:
- As part of a small but specialised team, you would be providing first line technical support for all Flygt products and legacy submersible pump ranges. Support will be to Internal Sales, Field Sales, GCs, Customers, Water Companies and Consultants.
- The person for this role will built substantial exposure and experience in the selection of submersible pump products and their most common applications and will be able to make recommendations with confidence and assuredness to architects and Consultants at pre quotation stage to make selection of Xylem products their preferred choice.
- Similarly to assist in troubleshoot problematic performance or improvements to existing pump systems and by demonstrating a level of knowledge and expertise that encourages the End User to upgrade their existing Xylem installation or replace Competitor products.
- Support to Tendering Engineers and Contracts Engineers at their request whilst they are responsible for delivery of compliant quotations or contract completion to the end of the warranty period. Additionally, Provide technical support to Tenders and Frameworks submissions to tight deadlines.
- Wherever it is possible to do so, ensure that in dealings with all our Customers, Xylem is their first choice and synonymous with the reputation of quality support for a quality product
Next to the technical responsibilities, the team supports our organization in very diverse ways but all with the ultimate goal in mind: creating a world without water problems!
- Answering incoming phone calls and responding to e-mail requests for support in a timely manner and logging high frequency issues to feed back to product and process owners
- Creation of Flygt product numbers using Phoenix system and liaising with production in Sweden for special applications and completing these within KPIs. Aligning all new product specifications with those of ex-stock pumps held at SDCs
- Understand and log technical issues that require support from Sweden using the PAS system
- Act as local administrator for Flygt products on the Xylect product selection platform, maintaining user accounts, receiving reports of issues with the platform and liaison with developers in Sweden
- Responsible for the technical set up of the Quote system including Article Templates, Assortment Manager that drives the Pump and Mixer Configurator and close liaison with Market Analyst in compiling Price Lists
- Implement technical definition overlay for Flygt products in Quote within familiar UK context
- Provide support to Spares Department where systems available to them do not immediately identify the correct selection of parts or accessories.
- Preparation, drafting and issuing of technical documentation to support the UK business where there is no support offered by the Oasis platform.
- Assist the Service business in swapping out Competitor products wherever possible, making use of the Replacement Pump Information and adding new data to the library.
- Assist the product owner in updating sales systems to support new product launches or product revisions and updates.
- Responsible for monitoring and responding to group e-mail Inboxes.
- Delivery of product familiarization and product selection training
The profile we are looking for
- To us, an open and curious mindset is most important. As this role will require a person to build a good depth and breadth of knowledge of e.g. Flygt products and the configurable options and limitations, we would like someone to ask questions and be open to learn.
- By its nature this role requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Additionally, you will build confidence and competence in the use of bespoke technical software systems and the ability to identify whether that problematic and unexpected output is caused by background algorithms requiring IT resolution and not a set up issue.
- As we have many different stakeholders to support, we ask you to manage a varied and complex workload in a timely manner and continually adjust priorities to provide a service level to the expectation of all Customers.
- Naturally, being able at an early stage to summarise from our Customer seeking support the succinct question they are asking and provide the specific information they require is an important skills to have.
- Ideally, if you have confidence already in making pump selections against a duty point including calculation of system losses, this is a big plus. Having a good level of understanding of submersible pump systems, flow rate, changing static head, pipework velocities and system curves is a good advantage. Showing the capability to learn on this technical side of the job is however key.
- Conversant and competent user of Microsoft Office with good knowledge and use of Excel.
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.