Senior Controls EngineerEngineering | Cheektowaga, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem AWS seeks to hire a Senior Controls Engineer for their Cheektowaga, New York facility to improve manufacturing operations through the implementation of automation and process control. The Senior Controls Engineer will develop, project manage, and implement efficient automated processes to increase the facilities profitability and competitiveness.
- Development of automation of processes throughout the facility
- Development of controls systems for all equipment; including PLC programming (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Automation Direct, etc.), electrical schematics, and physical controls implementation.
- Ability to troubleshoot control systems; including PLC logic, interpretation of electrical schematics & flow diagrams, and testing of controls.
- Ability to manage large scale projects, working with integrators, engineering team, and production team.
- Ability to lead an automation/process control project through Concept, Design, Fabrication, Implementation, Debug, and Startup phases
- Prepare capital and expense budget proposals, cost analysis, appropriation requests, equipment requirements, process specifications and plant layouts to support business goals and automation projects.
- Interact with all departments to resolve manufacturing issues and serve on committees and teams as requested.
- Investigate and resolve production, quality, equipment, maintenance and/or tooling problems. Investigate and communicate new technology, equipment, and manufacturing innovations.
- Perform miscellaneous assignments and/or projects as directed.
- Development and design of tooling, fixtures, and production lines
- Analyze existing equipment and performance to provide recommendations for needed capacity, efficiency, customer service, quality, and safety.
- May be assigned, prime responsibility for a particular highly specialized phase of Manufacturing Engineering responsibility such as Welding, programming, etc. to serve as the facility’s expert in this area(s).
- Communicate with Manufacturing Engineering team daily, to assist in meeting contract requirements for all production lines and to maintain technical expertise, flexibility, and uniformity.
- Serve as a “back-up” to other Manufacturing Engineers or personnel, during periods of vacation, illness, etc.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing related major BSEE, BSME, BSIE, BSIT, BSMT
- 5+ years’ experience within an automation/robotics industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Power Point, and Word); Microsoft Project and Visio preferred
- Experience with PLC programming and control systems
- Experience managing automation projects and partnering with Automation Integrators
- Must possess strong analytical and technical skills, along with strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Must have a good working knowledge of entire manufacturing processes and automation processes
- Experience with Microsoft Project and Visio
- Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing Certifications
- CNC and Robotic Welding programming experience
- 3D Software knowledge (Creo, etc.)
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office/Mfg. Plant: 50/50
- Minimal travel required
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.