Senior Manager, BenefitsHuman Resources | Rye Brook, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Senior Benefits Manager. The role is responsible for providing subject matter expertise for all activities related to health & welfare (H&W) plans in the US and Canada. This role will work with HR professionals, other internal functions, and external consultants & vendors to develop and maintain competitive benefit programs and ensure full compliance with statutory requirements (such as ERISA, ACA and other federal & state reporting) and internal controls. This is both a strategic and hands-on operational role for someone who has exceptional project leadership and is a strong problem-solver with detailed analytical skills and able to thrive in agile environment.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Serve as a trusted advisor pertaining to all H&W benefits design and strategy, ensuring that programs are current, competitive and in alignment with Xylem strategic priorities, compliance reporting requirements and internal processes.
- Recognize emerging regulatory changes and benefits trends, analyze implications for Xylem and its businesses, recommend actions, and implement innovative solutions.
- Manage overall plan administration of all H&W benefits (such as reconciliation of non-applied funding & employee account resolution for Health Savings Account Plan), including relationships with external consultants and suppliers, and act as escalation point of issue resolutions.
- Lead benefit plans renewal, and implementation and contracting with new vendors.
- Manage annual H&W benefits enrollment process, including Workday system setup
- Develop and implement wellness/wellbeing campaigns with concentrated efforts in the US and then extension to Canada.
- Create content for employee communications/newsletters, and benefit policies.
- Support development of metrics to evaluate benefits and plan experience and identify opportunities for improvement in Xylem’s H&W offerings.
- Review monthly claims and convert demographics and benefits data into meaningful insights for leadership and budget review as needed.
- Support due diligence reviews and integration activities related to mergers and acquisitions.
- Able to manage multiple and complex projects independently. Support special/global projects as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree with a focus in finance, economics, mathematics, or accounting.
- Pertinent professional certifications, such as CEBS designation, are a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years in progressive experience in designing and managing benefit programs in organizations of comparable quality, scale, and complexity. Prior global benefits consulting experience is a plus. Extensive working knowledge of Workday required.
- Proven analytics/strategic thought leader with high integrity and continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to independently identify problems to be solved, develop business case support benefit design/change, and create employee centered solutions.
- Strong project management and leadership skills to effectively lead change management, particularly to gain alignment of key stakeholders and ensure strong collaboration at all levels (within HR function, as well as cross functionally).
- Excellent people skills and ability to interact positively and tactfully with others and strong customer focus.
- Expertise in Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.