Sales Engineer - Utilities & InfrastructureSales | Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia
Saudi Nationals only
As a Sales Engineer you are responsible for developing the demand creation business for our utility and infrastructure business. This is achieved by:
- Understand market dynamics and map Consultants/End Users in allocated country/region
- Use market intelligence data to collect preliminary information about Utilities projects and different involved stakeholders and share information with POD colleagues
- Set priorities for important projects that could still be under design stage or where the contractors still did not procure the project pumps and other components we could sell
- Set meetings with the concerned End Users and Consultants to present Xylem products at early stages and make sure we can meet the set specifications
- Assist the consultants at design stages by providing required selections and budgetary quotes which will be supported by Solutions’’ Team.
- Make sure that our brands are part of the Approved Vendors List and liaise with AVL Team.
- Collect market and projects updates from consultants and constantly share information with team members. Tendering status, Names of Contractors bidding in every tender, Xylem brands that could be offered in every project are very important information to be gathered from consultants and to be shared especially with Contractors Manager whose role will be to make sure every contractor bidding for a job gets an offer for all possible Xylem products
- Build relationship with Consultants and End Users: organize specific training sessions, invite them to visit Xylem factories and to be part of our technical seminars, product launches or other marketing activities
- Create and maintain Salesforce opportunities updated with actual projects status and details about marketing activities for every consultant or end user
- Communicate gathered information from every meeting imminently for other colleagues to take immediate actions
- Be part of weekly POD meetings to review all activities and agree with Team Leader on next steps to ensure that departmental functions and objectives are achieved efficiently
- Meeting sales objectives through the promotion of Xylem branded products to a variety of customers within the Utilities & Infrastructure markets. Other core responsibilities will be to implement marketing activities and product launches and maintain and develop relationships with colleagues across the Xylem Water Solutions organization to share market knowledge and business opportunities.
- Promoting our Vertical Market Approach.
- Planning and executing marketing and sales activities, e.g. customer seminars, sales visits, technical training sessions.
- Identifying, evaluating and establishing suitable routes to market.
- Managing & Developing distribution channels to ensure they have the know-how and support to successfully sell our products.
- Increasing the client base and revenues. Work with the sales team to generate leads for new business and customers through continual sales promotions.
- Implement marketing activities and product launches and maintain and develop relationships with colleagues across the Xylem organization to share market knowledge and business opportunities
Other core responsibilities will be to support the Director, U&I in his regular weekly and monthly reporting duties across the ME region. This includes but is not be limited to:
- Forecast order intake and revenue recognition for our transport and treatment business.
- Forecast revenues by transport and treatment products.
- Review of opportunity funnel in our CRM.
- Other report duties as may be required.
You will be based in our Riyadh office.
- Analysis & synthesis
- Inspiring accountability
- Customer & market intelligence
- Saudi market knowledge
- Market/product strategy & planning
- 3-5 years experience in similar industry