Regional Class A CDL DriverOperations | Fort Mill, SC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The position of Regional Class A Driver is responsible for supporting the delivery and operation of Xylem equipment on Xylem Service Center sites and/or customer job sites. The region consists of Florida, Georgia, North and South Carolina
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Operate a CDL A, Semi Truck with Flatbed trailer regionally
- Identify all items to be delivered or picked up with customer to ensure completeness and accuracy. Perform visual inspection of equipment being picked up and note any damage. Obtain customer’s signature on appropriate paperwork.
- Utilize motorized equipment handling machinery to safely load equipment on and off trucks and trailers.
- Secure all items loaded on the truck for safe over-the-road travel in accordance with Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA), Federal Department of Transportation and local Department of Transportation guidelines.
- Assist in securing load utilizing straps and chains.
- Follow all safety processes and procedures and maintain a ‘Safety First’ approach when completing daily work tasks. Complete a Job Safety Assessment before beginning any job.
- Travel regionally & locally to mobilize/demobilize small pump systems on customer job sites..
- Review preliminary contracts to ensure all materials needed are identified and available. Update the sales staff should any materials change or the initial job set up changes.
- Establish communication with equipment operators.
- Prepare electronic work orders.
- Thoroughly inspect and evaluate condition of pipe, hose and fittings upon dismantling. Notify supervisor or site supervisor if any equipment is damaged.
- Prepare Bill of Ladings (BOLs) to load out equipment from job site. Coordinate with Xylem Service Center Manager to arrange proper timing of truck arrivals to ensure material handling equipment and/or personnel are available.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High school or general equivalency degree (GED)
- Possess a Class A Drivers License, with good driving record
- Proficient using GPS systems
- One to two years experience in the construction industry preferred
- Experience with flatbed trailers and proper load securement techniques (chaining, strapping, etc.)
- Prior experience operating heavy industrial equipment such as forklift, telehandlers, skid steers
- Ability to work flexible hours in order to respond to customer emergencies
- Ability to read, write legibly and communicate effective with co-workers, supervisors/managers and customers both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read blue prints or other layout and design documents
- Basic computer skills
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds)
- Full range of physical motions (standing, walking, bending, stooping, lifting, twisting, kneeling, climbing) associated with general labor work continually throughout 8 hours
- Shop environment: intermittent exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop noise and fumes all within limits of OSHA standards
- Manufacturing environment: may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts and various materials
- Extended hours as needed (weekends, overtime and on-call rotations)
- Travel as required to fulfill the duties listed above or as required by the Company
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.