Pump & Service MechanicOperations | Edmonton, AB, Canada
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Xylem seeks a Pump and Service Mechanic to join the Edmonton, Alberta team and report to the Branch Operations Manager. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services, and agricultural settings. The Mechanic’s principle duties will include, but not limited: to dissembling / diagnosing / repairing / servicing of Flygt equipment. After probation the applicant will be required to assist with field work encompassing mechanical / electrical start-ups. The role will also encompass “On Call” for Emergency breakdowns – on a rotational basis. For candidates, electrical knowledge of PLC’s and electrical control panels will be a distinct advantage together with a valid driver’s license. There will be a variety of lifting and physical work required for this position, therefore applicants must be physically fit .
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Diagnosing, repairing and servicing of Flygt and other similar Xylem equipment Dissembling Flygt equipment
- Assist with field work encompassing mechanical / electrical start-ups Assist with “On Call” for Emergency breakdowns – on a rotational basis
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School grade 12 Diploma, with graduation from a community or technical college in an electrical or mechanical field.
- Graduation from a community or technical college in an electrical or mechanical field preferred On the job training will be provided Only local applicants will be considered for this position
- Electrical knowledge of PLC’s and electrical control panels will be a distinct benefit
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver's abstract (DZ License would be an advantage) Ability to operate with substantial lifting and physical work
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Lifting equipment and parts (30-40 pounds), shop environment.
- Standing at work bench while performing repairs.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
- Operating overhead, jib and HIAB cranes.
- Operation of lift truck and crane truck.
- Shop environment where appropriate PPE use is required.
- Shop work on equipment used in the water and wastewater industry.
- Site work on equipment used in the water and wastewater industry.
- Outdoor work on equipment used in the water and wastewater industry.
- Standard weekly job hours is 37.5 hour
- Some overtime and travel is required.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.