Xylem are looking for a Proposals Manager to join our Centre of Excellence in Europe. You will be working within a small and dynamic team to positively contribute to the business’s continued success in competing for large and complex projects, as well as being proactively involved in all aspects of the bid.
The proposals Manager will take responsibility for managing the successful completion of assigned bids. This role will manage all stages of the bid, including EOI, PQQ, RFP, ITT, for multi-million Euro tenders for Smart Metering and Telecommunication systems. The Bids & Proposals Manager will deliver technically complex bids from start to finish using strong project management expertise, industry knowledge, and exceptional interpersonal relationship skills. The Bids and Proposals Manager will produce high quality, customer focused documents, demonstrating excellent writing skills to produce documentation that conveys a compelling sales proposition.
The Smart Metering opportunities that Xylem pursues often have complex and formal tendering processes. The procurement and evaluation cycles can take between several months to a few years to complete. To be successful a disciplined methodology for bidding needs to be adopted to ensure that all aspects of the written bid communication are aligned with the customer’s needs and are consistent throughout all communications with the customer. Structured bid processes and the adoption of best practice techniques to write compelling bid responses are needed to ensure the effectiveness of all written communication throughout the bid life cycle.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage bids in line with Sensus processes, from initial proposal through to contract award and handover to the delivery team using best practice based on Shipley methodology.
- Work with sales and pre-sales technical teams to develop capture plans and competitive win strategies for the bids.
- Create appropriate bid project plans, assigning individual ownership for each activity required to produce a quality proposal that meets all internal and customer deadlines.
- Manage the work of the wider bid team making sure that all work is progressing to plan and will meet all deadlines.
- Ensure that all required subject matter experts required are appropriately engaged in the bid including: Technical, R&D, Support Services, Commercial, Finance, Quality, Health & Safety, Contracts, Supply Chain, Legal, etc.
- Facilitate workshops to ensure that the technical, project delivery, commercial and contractual elements of the tender are aligned with each other.
- Create compelling written responses through the use of techniques that include: analysis and creation of win themes, hot buttons, discriminators and storyboarding.
- Scheduling and managing formal reviews of the written response as well as checking completeness and coherence of the overall response to provide a compelling proposal to the client requirements.
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Colour and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
We look forward to your application – LETS SOLVE WATER TOGETHER!