Production Supervisor (Night Shift)Operations | Dubois, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Production Supervisor who will be responsible for administering plant management and supervisory policies at the shop floor level in order to achieve maximum utilization of people and resources to ensure high standards of product quality and worker safety. This role will work night shift (6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.) on a 3-2-2 schedule.
As a member of the management team in the Gas Operations Group, the successful candidate will provide leadership and structure to production teams within the organization. Direct the development and implementation of activities in production areas to meet production goals, quality, and safety and cost objectives. Plan and administer procedures and budgets. Develop schedules and staffing requirements for assigned areas. Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Work with Operations team to meet production schedules and maximize internal and external customer satisfaction.
- To provide direct supervision of assembly, calibration and test departments.
- To ensure manufacturing production plans are met on a daily basis
- To ensure a quality product is being manufactured within resource/budget constraints
- To work as a part of the management team to maintain and improve people, products, and processes.
- Coordinate the daily manufacturing activities to execute production plans.
- Manufacture a quality product on time
- Promote and ensure a high level of direct report performance to standards.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all employees
- Provide security support as needed to protect company assets.
- Maintain time and attendance records
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree (Bachelor’s preferred) in Business, IE/ME, Electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 4 years of direct supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- ISO experience preferred but not required.
- Consideration given to other candidates with extensive experience in lieu of educational requirements
- Working knowledge of BPCS, MMS, KRONOS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to train others
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Medium lifting (20-35 lbs.), manufacturing/office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office/Manufacturing floor: Standard office equipment; some work performed in an office or manufacturing environment free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours minimum
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.