Product Manager, SolutionsProduct Management | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Product Manager, Solutions. To successfully develop and execute the global services strategy, he/she/they will have a solid understanding of managed and “as a service” IT offerings such as those offered by cellular carriers or other LPWA technology providers. The role will deeply collaborate with the services delivery organizations at Xylem to ensure consistent and quality delivery of solutions to the market.
- Assists in the development of product roadmap(s) covering positioning and value proposition, per product line, to serve as input into product development resource allocation, business development, and communications
- Collaborate effectively with services delivery team to develop local launch plans that will empower sales (product launches, application areas, product brand thought leadership)
- Understands and specifies market requirements and market and technology trends for current and future products by conducting product related market research supported by Voice of Customer received through on-going visits to customers and other stakeholders
- Framing the vertical offer, in a collaborative way with key stakeholders, by packaging the solutions and services e.g., developing offer per application and framing applicable value proposition per vertical
- Monitors competition with respect to market performance, product portfolio and product performance
- Maintains competitive mapping of strengths and weaknesses of major competitors and understands their “go to market” strategy.
Sales and Profitability
- Develops strategic plan for products, pricing, and offerings to achieve long term revenue and margin targets
- Understanding and providing data for the S&OP forecast, ownership of global services sales and margin plan. If targets are not met, executes on the countermeasures
- Collaborates with local Sales and Marketing teams to understand rationale behind wins and losses and market trends; Carefully follows up sales, orders and standard margin with the aim to reach targets, if not identify and drive actions to close the gap
- Provide strategic pricing guidelines across markets. Price List, as well as specific product/segment-focused efforts.
- Manage the product life cycle (launch to end-of-life) strategy and execution including identifying “sweet spot” applications in the market verticals by ensuring competitiveness of products (costs, features, price) by developing relevant business cases for decision making
- Manage the entire product life cycle through phase-out, all while keeping the product line competitive
- Having a broad understanding of the competitors in the industry on a high-level financial level as well as product offering
Guardianship & Support
- Participates in technical meetings, conferences, workshops, industry days, trade shows and association events
- Active participation in the development of sales tools and ensure its product data is updated.
- Develop business cases, when required, as the foundation for product brand decisions
- Thought leadership activities (e.g., white papers) by developing content and/or presenting
- Develop appealing, and where possible, a quantified, value proposition which is validated through market research, voice of the customer, and other data inputs
- Collaborates with Sales, Vertical Marketing, and R&D to drive next generation value propositions by a rigorously understanding of the VOC
- Develop complete internal communication package e.g., product release notes
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution, or equivalent
- A higher degree in Business Administration is preferred. Master’s degree in Business Administration is desirable
- Experience developing products for the utility industry, specifically experience developing a strategy for managed software service delivery marketed to non-consumer businesses
- Demonstrated experience working in a global team with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrate excellent communication, presentation, management, and analytical skills. Be able to resolve difficult technical and business issues. Be a self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills in order to effectively work with customers, business partners, staff and management from a variety of skill levels as well as different authority levels
- Ability to understand technical issues and understand impact on projects, and effectively communicate these issues and impact to direct reports as well as other project stakeholders
- Flexibility in terms of dealing with changing priorities and dealing with multiple projects simultaneously
Desired Job Qualifications skills:
- Experience with LPWA connectivity and embedded industrial communicating products
- B2B software development or product management experience
- ITIL Foundation or greater certification desired
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: Up to 40%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.