Manufacturing EngineerEngineering | Lubbock, TX, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem seeks to hire a Manufacturing Engineer. This position is responsible for developing standardized handling methods and standardized times for all manufacturing personnel. This position is also responsible for preparing and coordinating capital projects through analysis of production data and forecast information and overseeing the project weld work operation.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Directly manages employees in and the projects flowing through the project shop.
- Develops and maintains standards by using available systems to ensure accurate measurement of direct labor efficiencies and standard cost data.
- Prepares capital justifications for plant equipment requiring evaluation of cost savings, capital requirements, equipment selection, and alternatives.
- Coordinates capital projects implementation by working within house personnel, outside contractors, and vendors.
- Prepares workplace layouts for location of pallets, gages, and tooling for efficiency and safety.
- Assist all manufacturing personnel in the use of time standards.
- Prepares plant layout for new machine location, machine relocation, and facility expansion / renovations or improvements.
- Identify and implement process improvements in the Machine Shop and Assembly areas through utilization of VBLSS tools.
- Coordinate project weld work operations, including managing timecards (ADP), upholding code of conduct, and purchasing supplies.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Participate in Xylem’s Watermark activities.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent, plus one-year related experience.
- Proficient in AutoCad, CREO, Solidworks
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills, and ability to take a leadership role in group meetings and projects.
- Strong math and engineering skills required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong short-term project management skills required.
- Ability to work with ambiguity.
- Knowledge of pump hydraulics, mechanics and construction, and common metallurgical uses.
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
- Medium lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees and/or customers on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Safety protocols and PPE to be closely observed.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer requirements
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.