Machine RepairOperations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sets-up, adjusts, checks programming and operates numerically controlled machine tools, to perform a complex series of progressive machining operations on a diversified line of work to close and exacting tolerances and finishing specifications
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Installs, maintains, repairs or rebuilds all complicated machines, tools and related equipment, special purpose machines, mechanical equipment and powered moving equipment.
- Diagnoses trouble, dismantles and devises repair. Repairs, refits or replaces defective parts. If parts unavailable perform various machining operations using milling machine, lathe, and drill press to create parts. Assembles and adjusts.
- Welds as required.
- Using sheet metal and steel constructs protective equipment, supports frames etc.
- Loads, unloads, moves, positions and aligns all new and used machinery and equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance duties per schedule and as directed.
- Trains Machine Repairman "B" in the proper methods, procedures, and operations.
- Visually and/or dimensionally checks material, supplies, parts and equipment for shortages, defects and non-standard conditions. Upon discovery notifies supervision of all shortages, defects, non-standard conditions and malfunctioning machinery and equipment.
- Maintains related records, cleans machinery, equipment and work area on a daily basis and performs preventative maintenance as assigned. Moves material as required using hand of power equipment. Performs all related miscellaneous duties as directed by supervision.
- May be required to prove out new programs
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Must read, write and speak English.
- High School, Trade School or the equivalent.
- Must read and interpret diagrams, blueprints and instructions.
- Must have a working knowledge of machine mechanics, electro mechanical devices and the duties of a millwright.
- Three to five years in machine repair.
Job Training Requirement:
- Must either know or be trained in the following courses:
- Intro to ISO
- Hazardous Waste
- Wiring Diagrams
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Physical requirements include: good vision and hearing; ability to stand and walk, lift and carry 20 to 50 pounds occasionally and/or 10 to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly; maintain body equilibrium, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, reach for and handle objects, pick, pinch or otherwise work with the fingers and use the fingertips to perceive attributes of objects such as size, shape and surface finish. Requires the ability to climb ladders and stairs.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Work is performed in a typical manufacturing plant environment under the following conditions: exposure to hot and cold temperature extremes, coolants, oil and water, noise, fumes, vibration, dust, mist, high voltage electrical current, chemicals and equipment with moving parts. Some duties will require working at heights in excess of six feet i.e. scaffolding and high lifts.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.