IT Application Manager, Configure, Price, Quote (CPQ)Information Technology | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The IT CPQ Application Manager is responsible for managing a team of developers that will implement web applications that support business processes. By partnering with business leaders, IT team members and consultants, this role is responsible for delivering solid, timely, and creative designs to solve complex business scenarios utilizing the CPQ application. This role directly manages a team of system architects, programmers, database administrators, test engineers, and business analysts to collaboratively complete the successful design, programming, and testing of the applications.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Ensure the best practice design and implementation of Configure, Price, and Quote (CQP) applications.
- Coordinate the successful implementation of the application by reviewing business requirements, completing architecture solution designs, and supporting production implementations.
- Partner with functional groups and development teams to deliver against goals and business requirements.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve user satisfaction.
- Manage annual goals and work assignments for direct reports.
- Maintain annual budgets for applications in scope.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Analytical decision making
- Influential communication
- Business focused delivery
- Inspiring accountability
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Leading people & teams (for people manager)
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Managing change
- Design Excellence
- Planning & prioritizing work
- Developing capability (for people manager)
- Project management
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience is required.
- 3 years minimum Configure, Price, Quote (CPQ) software implementation experience.
- Tacton CPQ experience preferred
- 2 years minimum team lead or management experience.
- 5 plus years IT industry experience.
- Programming experience in Java, C#, or other relevant programming languages a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards.
- Strong communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams..
- The proven ability to present information in various forms so as to clearly communicate the meaning of that information to a broad audience in an actionable and unambiguous way
- Able to understand and digest complex material from one domain or discipline and present it to people of a different discipline without loss in translation
- Experience in effectively leading, influencing and building relationships with teams spanning multiple functions and organization branches
- Experience in effectively managing people remotely
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment.
- Regularly required to move about an office and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- May require travel to project sites.
- Work may require lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Travel: Approximately 20%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.