Controls TechnicianOperations | Zelienople, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Controls Service Representative is responsible for providing consultation and advisory services at project job-sites in regards to the installation, testing, and commissioning of all Leopold Products and Systems. The individual must have a detailed understanding of all of Leopold’s products installation techniques and start-up testing requirements. The representative will provide investigative findings (via a daily report) for all phases of installation. This employee will work on older installations refurbishing and repairing as needed. Employee must convey a respectful and professional demeanor at all times while working with customers at the various jobsites.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform on-site safety audits and follow all safety practices with Stop Work Authority
- Works as a member of the Controls Department. Responsible for the Commissioning, startup, testing, programming and training of Clari-Trac and Clari-Vac sludge collection systems, Water and Wastewater Filter systems, Eliminite Wastewater Filter systems, Disk Filter systems and Dissolved Air Flotation systems.
- Perform start-up and troubleshooting on all Xylem Treatment product types.
- Serve as Xylem’s customer facing representative while on-site. Coordinate site activities with 3rd party contractors, engineering consultants, and across all Xylem Treatment brand offices.
- Utilize expert level knowledge and programming capabilities of multiple manufacturers of PLC & HMI systems such as Allen Bradley, Siemens, and Schneider, etc.
- Possess and demonstrate working level knowledge for calibration and programming of Level transmitters, Differential Pressure transmitters, Flow transmitters, Heating/Cooling controllers, Variable Frequency drives and Valve/Actuators.
- Have demonstrated experience in the integration of SCADA systems both within the Xylem control network as well as interfaces to non-Xylem control systems
- Perform training on Xylem products for plant operations & maintenance staff
- Perform & manage all on-site project commissioning activities for projects.
- Document work performed as well as open actions via daily field reporting
- Provide both virtual and phone support via direct customer contact
- Maintain and constantly develop expertise in treatment processes for products, partner with process engineering for process optimization exercises.
- Have demonstrated experience in establishing remote connectivity Xylem control networks to perform real time data analysis, troubleshooting, and system upgrades
- Serve as the “voice of the customer” to highlight areas of improvement needs as well as repetition of best practice
- Provide technical training and coaching of new employees and/or other Xylem staff
- Ability to specify and identify equipment required on-site for successful commissioning
- Perform on-site performance testing
- Maintain a high degree of travel to project sites, supplier factories, and technical conferences as necessary
- Develop a sense of focus and urgency to solve complex customer challenges
- Verify on-site installation of equipment, including: mechanical, electrical, & software functions
- Lead improvement initiatives to add value to customers with a continuous improvement mindset
- Coordinate with service coordinators, engineering team, procurement, & project management to ensure site readiness
- Other essential duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Associate or technical degree in Electrical curriculum or five (5) years of equivalent experience in related field
- Electrical systems testing experience with demonstrated on-site experience
- Experience with MS Word, Excel and Internet functions
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings & specifications
- Electrician or Master Electrician license holders are strong plus
- Field wiring & mechanical assembly skills are strong plus
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Wear personal protective safety equipment and be exposed to construction environments in both water and wastewater facilities
- Ability to lift 50lbs and use tools of the trade
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Requires close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- On-Site: Municipal or Industrial construction sites involving water and wastewater process equipment. Potential exposure to electrical, mechanical, & chemical hazards.
- Travel: Must be willing to travel 90% of the time, including overnight and international travel; please note that longer term projects may include multi-week travel arrangements.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.