Intern - Quality Engineering - Summer 2023College-University Recruiting | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
Role: Xylem is seeking Intern candidates with a Quality Engineering background to join our team in the summer of 2023. As a member of the Quality Team, the intern will be responsible for developing and supporting our Quality Management System (QMS). The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. If you are excited and passionate to work on state-of-the art technology trends, we want to hear from you!
Xylem Summer Internships typically last 10-12 weeks and are an opportunity to get hands-on, professional experience while making a lasting contribution to Xylem as an organization. Our internship program is intended to create a pipeline of talented undergraduate students who are interested in a career in the water innovation technology industry. Interns are our primary talent pool for all full-time early career positions and rotational programs. The Summer Internship is a great opportunity to learn more about Xylem and see if a career in water technology is right for you.
The hourly rate for an intern is dependent on a variety of factors including major, year in school and geographic location. The average hourly rate for an intern is between $21.00 - $27.00/hour. Locations of internships will vary based on the specified project and function, and will either be on-site, hybrid or fully remote.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Update procedures and work instructions within QMS to enhance training development program
- Lead efforts to consolidate and cross-integrate quality system programs
- Timely completion of quality-oriented projects to meet business demands
- Effectively communicate and train employees on new process enhancements
- Work collaboratively within a team environment of both hourly and salary staff
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Attending an accredited University studying toward a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong computer proficiency and ease working with MS Office
- A strong sense of ownership and drive
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- Experience with product testing and root cause analysis.
- Experience developing MS Access databases and forms
- Experience with Visual Basic programming
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Ability to work and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work in hot/cold conditions
- Plant manufacturing floor
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.