Field TechnicianOperations | Miami, FL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Field Technician. The Field Technician position will execute more complex projects, train and begin to delegate simpler tasks to newer technicians and is accountable for overall quality. This is a position that requires someone who is great with technology/mechanics, can problem solve, and is a team player. This position allows for career growth and will develop more extensive knowledge of the current company technologies.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Consistently applies appropriate procedures and processes with minimal direction from others
- Operates tools/technology onsite under the supervision of qualified field technicians/leads
- Prepares basic documentation and tools/equipment for mobilization to project sites
- Identifies safety hazards and applies safe working practices to self and peers; keeps job site clean
- Actively participates and may lead onsite safety and planning meetings to review safety risks and areas of concern based on planning documentation and onsite observations
- Identifies and troubleshoots simple technical issues, with support of qualified technicians
- Delegates basic/repeatable tasks to entry level technicians
- Empowered to raise observations/concerns and recognition to immediate team and leadership as required
- Focused on continuous improvement by consistently looking for ways to improve and promote quality, efficacy, and safety
- Complete daily timesheets and expense reports as required
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED with up to 3 years previous experience in a field/shop/construction setting
- Post Secondary education a plus; certification in engineering/trades discipline preferred;
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills; must be able to understand technical operating procedures, ask questions, and share observations (primary langue in workplace environment is English)
- Proven technical/mechanical aptitude through previous work experience/education
- Proven ability to be well organized and punctual
- Dedicated team player committed to the safe and successful operations for everyone involved
- Availability to work overtime, weekends and holidays if needed
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform basic math skills
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and/or maps and can translate to the field
- Proven ability to complete assigned work in a timely manner with quality results
- Must have a valid driver’s license and DOT Medical Card; must have a reasonable driver’s record
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views
- Experience working directly with internal and external stakeholders
- Be able to work in confined space strongly desired; confined space certified an asset
- Safety and CPR certification a plus
- Be able to stand on feet for a prolonged amount of time
- May need to bend, lift, carry, and stretch to perform duties
- Continually required to use hands and fingers and reach with arms
- Frequently required to lift up to 50 lbs
- Work requires ability to work outdoors in various weather, traffic and environmental conditions.
- Up to 50% Travel
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.