Business Development Support Specialist - PureHMSales | Calgary, AB, Canada
Energy resources allow modern society to function and PureHM is a trusted partner with pipeline operators in bringing those resources safely to market. The economy, communities and individual citizens rely heavily on these resources to maintain a desirable standard of living, whether they realize it or not. Pipelines are the safest way to deliver energy; companies that own these pipelines make crucial decisions every day to ensure their product is delivered safely and efficiently, with the least amount of risk to society and the environment. A large percentage of pipelines are constructed near watersheds such as creeks, rivers and lakes, creating an unavoidable connection between water resources and energy, which poses an increased risk to pipeline operators.
PureHM gives pipeline companies confidence that they are doing everything in their power to deliver energy in the safest, most reliable way. Our best-in-class technologies and service quality provides the actionable information needed to reduce risk, by identifying problem areas, reducing unnecessary repairs, and prolonging asset life, while balancing fiscal responsibility.
PureHM, a Xylem brand, provides solutions for regulated inspections of the pipelines that deliver these energy products. Using these solutions, we give pipeline companies confidence that they are delivering their products as safely and efficiently as possible. Using our best-in-class technologies, we provide operators with the actionable information needed to identify problem areas, reduce unnecessary pipeline repairs, and prolong asset life. Ultimately, we help you ensure that energy pipelines are fit for service.
The Role: This position is for a Business Development Support Specialist - PureHM, with some additional office management duties. The role requires a high degree of organization with the ability to engage with colleagues across departments and at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership, to support business development systems, processes, and pursuits. The BD Support Specialist is responsible for helping to maintain the customer relationship management (CRM)/BD database in Salesforce, preparing related reports, updating KPIs/metrics/forecast, developing/maintaining content libraries with assistance from marketing team, serving as coordinator on BD pursuits, coordinating RFP/Bid responses with BD team support, organizing events/conference participation, and proofing/formatting content of proposals and other deliverables prior to submission. This is an ideal opportunity to learn the industry of business development processes and practices while also developing a working knowledge of the organization.
Some office management duties are also a requirement and are estimated to average approximately 20% of the roles’ work load, with the remaining 80% focused on the business development support requirements.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support the BD team to ensure that the CRM database (Salesforce) and pipeline of opportunities are up to date and accurate, and that new information and notifications are updated in CRM
- Take point position in coordinating formal RFP/Bid response packages to ensure high quality content and on-time submittal
- Assist BD leads in proposal generation and review
- Coordinate CRM database administration and change requests with IT; enact changes and data uploads; support end-user training
- Act as coordinator on specific opportunities, supporting the designated BD manager during pre- and post-proposal phases
- Compile and/or conduct assessment data or desk research, collect preliminary documentation, support recruitment, and other pre-proposal preparatory activities
- Prepare proposal calendars and help monitor progress in meeting deadlines
- Coordinate access and monitoring of public bid portals to ensure we are catching all relevant bids across North American markets
- Coordinate conference participation, including booth/attendees/marketing/swag/etc…
- Coordinate client hospitality events as required
- Serve as point of contact for subcontractors and teammates, including preparing and compiling data calls and other materials
- Support writing of proposal sections, including staffing, past performance, and other supporting documentation; perform quality-control editing and proofreading
- Help maintain proposal content library so that documentation and learnings are captured for future use
- Organize and coordinate meetings and/or event logistics as needed, i.e. conference room scheduling/catering/hotels
- Monitor incoming and outgoing mail, receive and sign for mail/packages from couriers and deliver to proper recipient
- Receive, review, and process facility overhead invoices in coordination with accounts payable
- Monitor and maintain office equipment, inventory of supplies, and order replacements as needed
- Office has minimal visitor traffic, but remote management of front door access will be a responsibility
- Oversight of office support, i.e. cleaner contracts, landlord liaison, office communications, security reminders, etc…
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma or GED and up to 2 years of related experience in marketing/sales support/proposals, or some combination of relevant education and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Salesforce
- A persistent, positive attitude to problem-solving and proactive approach to tasks
- Function well in a fast-paced, informal, team-focused environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
- Detail-orientation with superb organizational skills and strong follow-through
- Great ability to prioritize and manage schedules
- Exposure to O&G pipeline industry an asset but not required
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- In-Office Position: expectation is for role to be mainly located in the PureHM Calgary office Monday-Friday, except for any required travel or event/conference participation required for business development support
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!