Field Service/Installation SpecialistOperations | Any Location - New York, United States
We’re Hiring for a Field Service/Installation Specialist!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: OI Analytical, A Xylem brand, seek to hire a Field Service/Installation Specialist – Analytical Lab Instruments professional to provide on-site technical support to customers relative to the operation and repair of Xylem Analytic's product lines in North America.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to perform maintenance and complex repair on both electrical and mechanical systems
- Provides on-site (or if appropriate email/phone support) troubleshooting and technical support to customers.
- Provides onsite or remote installs
- Courteously and professionally deals with on-site customer issues.
- Accurately diagnoses problems, troubleshoots, repairs and calibrates repair of products at customer sites.
- Responsible for accurately documenting resolution of customer problems following accepted ISO procedures and processes.
- Applies technical knowledge, experience, creativity, and people skills to achieve customer satisfaction relative to timeliness, quality, and cost of service provided.
- Opens, updates, and closes service calls, as appropriate.
- Maintains current knowledge of product design, operation, troubleshooting, repair, and application, as well as general chemical, mechanical, and electronic design concepts utilizes.
- Markets service contracts to customers.
- Follows designated ISO procedures and guidelines in the performance of their duties.
- Ability to connect with and communicate well with customers via phone and in person.
- Well organized and self-motivated.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to meet designated deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Physical Science.
- Strong mechanical and electronic background.
- Three (3) years hands-on repair and maintenance experience with analytical instrumentation.
- Computer experience using PC based platforms.
- Any equivalent combination of acceptable training and experience.
- Able to communicate clearly through email, phone, and video conference.
- Provides routing feedback to the Field Service Supervisor and Customer Support Manager relative to major or repetitive product or customer problems, competitive information, product enhancements, and potential sales opportunities.
- Willingness to travel internationally or outside of their normally designeated geographical areas.
- Monitors ISO procedures and recommends changes when required using the approved ISO process.• Performs other duties as may be required.
- Moderate Lifting (20 - 50 lbs.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move on a daily basis.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see customers on a daily basis.
- Work environment consists of various customer sites (indoor and outdoor)
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel - 60% on average
Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.