Sales Engineer -Water UtilitiesEngineering | Any Location - Kenya, Kenya
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sales Engineer -Water Utilities
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Through a local partnership, Xylem is in the process of establishing a production facility in Egypt, where selected product lines of the Xylem portfolio will be locally manufactured.
The purpose of the position is to build strong, close and sincere relationships within our customer base, distributors, end users and offer sound sales & technical assistance. The position also purpose to seek, cold call and find new business opportunities and support to customers and channel partners in order to drive business growth and customer satisfaction.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (4-6)
Seek, identify, and prioritize and recruit and develop new and existing business partners to generate revenue
Negotiate market segment and / or areas of new potential clients
Provide sound technical advice/training and application support to customers and partners
Assist Bidders and Internal Sales with the preparation of tender and other complex offers
Ensure quotations and / or offers get communicated efficiently to customers and distributors
Make presentations to customers, distributors, engineers, contractors, consultants, project developers, property developers, facility managers and internal staff on product and application information.
Assist with design of pumping systems, pump stations and other water handling scenarios.
Conduct fault finding and pump audits
Share weekly reports and manage CRM software (Salesforce) and provide sales forecast.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carries out sales and site visits to customers in accordance with the sales plan and provides advice/support to customers on a range of Xylem products, to match customer needs with engineered solutions.
- Application of his / her product knowledge on Xylem branded items in order to sell and incorporate these in complete systems or solutions.
- Proactively identify new projects and the financing model and link the Xylem solutions to tender specifications by working closely with project design engineers at early project design stages.
- Analyses sources of tender information and future projects and follow up on leads for conversion to opportunities.
- Jointly in conjunction with the Regional Sales Manager, develop, together with the partners, strategic business plans and quarterly activity plans, which supports successful growth of Xylem business.
- Together with business development teams, marketing teams and products specialists, Support the Channel partners with marketing material, trainings, exhibitions, and promotional campaigns.
- Conduct market analysis to determine end-user profiles, customer segments, value propositions, estimate business potential, competition and provide accurate information.
- To act as commissioning and site engineering representative for the business unit on plants
- Conducting presentations to customers, distributors, engineers, contractors, consultants, project developers, property developers, government agencies and facility managers on product and application information
- Update, maintain and manage accurate data on CRM software (Salesforce)
- Submission of weekly reports on market activities, new projects, leads, orders, customer engagements etc.
Engineering Degree in Water/Mechanical/Agricultural/Civil Electrical/Process or Instrumentation.
Post graduate qualification in business or project management will be a plus.
Ability to communicate in both written and spoken English is a must. Ability to communicate in at least one local language such as Amharic, will be highly considered.
Minimum 4 years’ experience in a technical sales environment.
Experience in water sector and systems is a must.
Experience in working with directly or indirectly with regional water agencies will be an added advantage.
CRM (Salesforce) experience will be an added advantage
- Technical sales and negotiation skills.
- Sound knowledge in water pumping & management technologies.
- Knowledge of Non-Revenue Water (NRW) and management
- Knowledge of digital solutions in water management
- Knowledge of water of treatment methods applied in public water utilities.
- Sound knowledge of applications and working of water pumping & management systems.
- Strong customer relations orientated
- Problem solving abilities.
- Self-driven and motivated with ability to prioritize with attention to detail.
- Willing to travel at least 50% of the time.
- Able to work against tight deadlines to achieve results.
- Able to adapt to the demands of an ever changing internal and external environments.
- 100% commitment and focused towards professional service delivery and customer satisfaction.