Inside Sales Engineer, RomaniaEngineering | Bucharest, Romania, Romania
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role :
Inside Sales Engineer
The Inside Sales Engineer is responsible for supporting the outside sales team in pre- and post-sales activities. The role requires excellent customer service to provide technical and commercial support to channel partners, sales managers, consultants, contractors, OEM partners and end-users. The candidate will provide back-office support to ensure Xylem meets customers’ water and wastewater needs with Xylem’s portfolio of hardware, process and digital solutions.
- Regularly partner with outside sales, product management, operations and other internal teams to accomplish sales objectives
- Interact with channel partners, regional sales managers, consultants, contractors, OEM’s and end users on a daily basis through verbal and written communication
- Daily utilization of Customer Relationship Management (CRM), quotation tools, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools to input data and maintain existing data
- Identify Consulting Needs: Work closely with outside sales, internal colleagues, distributors, consulting engineers, contractors and end customer to develop an understanding of the customer’s needs
- Research/Gather Data: Responsible for providing technical and product expertise, as well as researching and gathering data in order to understand how to address the customer’s needs. Works closely with internal colleagues, subject matter experts, and technical and commercial resources to gather relevant data.
- Complete the Need/Problem Solve: Responsible for meeting the requestor's consulting need or develop viable solution to requestor's problem. Typical problem solving could include standalone products, engineered-to-order systems, digital solutions, third-party products, training requests, engineering specification, or technical presentation and training development.
- Validate and Communicate Solution: Works closely with outside sales and internal colleagues to communicate and validate consulting needs has been fulfilled or to present proposed solution. If requestor is not satisfied with outcome, the Application Engineer is responsible for further consultation. Application Engineer acts as advocate and advisor to ensure consulting need is met.
- Monitor Public Tenders: Continuously monitor and identify opportunities published on public tender websites and conduct post-mortem analysis on won and lost tenders
- Initial Tender/Spec/Job Details Review: Responsible for providing an initial, high level review of all technical documentation for a project including specifications, plans, drawings, etc. Provides technical expertise to assist opportunity with initial tender review including technical translations from Romanian to English.
- Bid Prep: Acts as a technical and commercial consultant in efforts to prepare project bid. Provides product and application expertise, design support, technical drawing support, etc. Advises sales team on technical request and implications as it related to the project.
- Detailed Tender/Spec/Job Details Review: Responsible for providing a detailed review of all technical documentation for a project including specifications, plans, drawings, etc. Ensures proposal is feasible, technically viable, and profitable.
- Procure Quotes: Acts as a technical consultant in efforts to procure quotes. Provides design support for accessories and ancillary equipment, including third party buy-out items.
- Review Bid: Acts as a technical and commercial consultant in efforts to prepare and review bid package with the sales team. Prepare necessary documents to successfully participate in public tenders.
- Get Testing Approval: Works closely with outside sales, operations, and others to obtain customer approval of any required testing. Provides technical expertise on testing questions or concerns. May serve as on-site consultant for customer witness testing.
- Identify and Define Post-Sale Customer Need: Works closely with outside sales, internal colleagues, distributors, contractors, consulting engineers, or others to develop understanding of the post-sale customer support needed.
- Maintain product knowledge through trainings and seminars
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Proficient in oral and written Romanian and English; knowledge of Slavic languages is also an advantage
- University degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years working in the field of water and/or wastewater treatment industry
- Familiar with participating in public procurement in Romania (i.e. Sistemul Electronic de Achizitii Publice)
- Knowledge or hands-on field experience with rotary mechanical equipment, controls, electrical panels, water and wastewater treatment processes is a plus
- Legendary customer service skills and demonstrated ability to put customers first
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong collaborative and respectful people leadership and business acumen
- Ability to work with diverse workforce and customer base
- Excellent analytical, influential, and reasoning behaviors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Teams
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar CRM tools preferred
- Contribute to our mission: Let’s Solve Water
- We offer you a professional career in one of the leading multinational company, challenging work
- Internal development opportunities
- Excellent atmosphere, friendly environment, teamwork
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
Everyone's equal value
We want people, regardless of skin color, age, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity, to feel at home, not just at Xylem, but everywhere in the world. For us, diversity, equality, and inclusion mean more than just a policy or a set of methods. Diversity, equality, and inclusion are fundamental parts of our corporate culture and a key to long-term growth.