Electrical Installation / Field Service EngineerEngineering | Ashford, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots
2) a leading global water technology company.
Water challenges are escalating around the globe, placing people and communities, our environment, and our very future at risk. By 2025, 1.8 billion people will be living in countries or regions with absolute water scarcity. We are a Fortune 1000 global water technology company with 22.000 employees and one mission: to help our customers solve water through the power of technology and expertise. We are the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Together, we can make water more accessible and affordable, and communities more resilient. Let’s create a world that is more water-secure and sustainable for all. We have the opportunity of a lifetime to solve water. Let’s work together and lead the way.
Evoqua, a Xylem brand, offers a portfolio of solutions, products and services in advanced water and wastewater treatment to ensure water quality and consistency as well as digitally enabled offerings. Evoqua optimizes and outsources mission-critical water treatment systems for companies in high-growth sectors such as municipalities and industrial customers from the aquatics, food and beverage, life sciences, metal and mining, oil and gas, pharmaceutical and power sectors.
Electrical Installation/Field Service Engineer
Responsible for undertaking, electrical installation on smaller scale projects and retrofit work, supervising of sub-contractors on large scale projects and supplementing the UK Field service team as and when required, on the complete range of Evoqua Disinfection Products and Solutions.
Working under own initiative with minimal supervision, to provide our customers with the highest levels of service possible, the work will encompass electrical installation, site supervision, commissioning, maintenance, on-site repairs, inspections, fault finding and making recommendations to external customers as well as internal colleagues.
- Responsible for undertaking, electrical installation on smaller scale projects and retrofit work, supervising of sub-contractors on large scale projects, servicing, maintaining, commissioning across the full range of Disinfection Products and Systems throughout the Industry Vertical markets.
- Responsible for ensuring that any new electrical installations are installed to good engineering practice and in accordance with company issued P&ID and company standards
- Responsibility for Environmental and H&S when on site and ensure control measures are in place in the field. This will include completion of relevant risk assessments, method statements and undertaking all relevant legislative training requirements. Ensure that all activities undertaken on-site have associated method statements, risk assessments and permits and co-ordinate service activities on customer sites to ensure compliance with rules/requirements
- Act as the face of Evoqua on customer sites and build relationship & partnerships with our external customers as well as our internal colleagues.
- Responsible for ensuring that all paperwork regarding installation, commissioning or servicing is completed in line with company procedures are sent to the project manager or service office to specified timeframes For example completing detailed word document site reports with recommendations.
- Responsible for the commissioning of newly installed water treatment plant and provide instrumentation configuration expertise.
- Understand the needs of our customers and markets and aim to achieve first time fixes-solutions leading to reduced breakdown times and lower costs to the customer.
- Continuously seek to add value to the services provided which includes remote diagnostic support services and training. Will technically demonstrate and explain issues and solutions with customers and end users.
- Ensure that all sales opportunities for equipment, spares or service are quickly advised to the appropriate personnel.
- Feedback to relevant internal Evoqua departments where issues persist on-site with Evoqua products and whenever practicable offer recommendations for improving product/documentation/warranty going forward
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work at remote sites either on own, or with others, and commitment to vary working hours to meet the needs of the job which may require the applicant to cover periods of on-call duty.
- Ability to supervise sub contactors remotely to ensure installations are delivered to a high quality as per Evoqua’s standards and within the allotted time for the project.
- Willingness to travel and work in different geographical locations when required, which will necessitate periods of time being spent away from home (typically away weekly with variable nights dependent upon business needs).
- Ability to assimilate information gained on the job and from training materials and courses and apply that learning in the field.
- Flexibility: Ability to manage own workload and to adjust and adapt given work schedule in line with variable business demands
- Possesses the ability to read and maintain “As Built Drawings” (electrical, mechanical, P&I) through to install to final Commissioning in order to ensure that O&M manuals can be updated as may be required
- Display sound H&S awareness and track record
- Experienced or apprentice trained craftsman with electrical, instrument / process control background and qualification.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For us, diversity, equality, and inclusion mean more than just a policy or a set of methods. Diversity, equality, and inclusion are fundamental part